Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Martock Information Centre

Martock Information Centre

The Market House houses the office base for the Parish Administrative team and the Services Team. The front office downstairs is open to the public every Wednesday from 10 am to 12 pm and at other times by appointment.

Our aim is to provide a one-stop-shop for information on local services and facilities, including those provided by the Parish, District and County Councils.

Please come in for some friendly help and advice. We also hold some leaflets on local services and attractions. Alternatively, please phone us on 01935 822891

If we don’t know the answer to your question, we will do our best to find someone who does!

Market House

The Market House is a designated Grade II structure built around 1785 by George Slade, the Lord of the Manor.

It has served the community with a variety of uses, from its original function as a meeting room, shelter for market traders and site for the stocks, to a fire station.

The Parish Council bought the Market House and the Green from the Goodden family in 1951.  Today it houses the Martock Information Centre with the Parish Council meeting room above. The Parish Clerk and other members of Parish Council staff are based upstairs in the Market House. There are also public toilets available here.

Address

Market House, East Street, Martock, TA12 6NF

Open in Google Maps

Is there anything wrong with this page? Report it here