Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

This building, formerly ‘The Hollies’ and with a date stone of 1602, is typical of the wealthy yeoman houses built in Martock. It is a cruik-framed house, originally one storey high with a thatched roof. In the 19th century the walls were raised and the roof tiled.

Cromwell is reputed to have used this building as his headquarters before the Battle of Langport, and British & American troops were billeted here during World War 2, prior to ‘D-Day’.

Hurst Barton Martock

Is there anything wrong with this page? Report it here