Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Only the site and gravestones of the Presbyterian chapel remains in Pound Lane, since the building was demolished in 1913. The chapel was originally a private home – records show that a ‘new-built house’ belonging to Andrew Westcott was licensed by the Presbyterians in 1701 to be used as a place of worship. It was later used by the Independents, but many of its members moved to the Ebenezer Chapel at Bower Hinton. Despite subsequent use by the Baptists, it had fallen into disuse by 1908.

Is there anything wrong with this page? Report it here