The Martock Parish Council is made up of volunteers who give up their time to perform a number of important roles, including:
- Liasing with the police, district and county council on issues that affect the parish residents (eg. crime, security, and traffic).
- Advising on the use of public money and resources within the Martock Parish Council area.
- Managing money to improve the community, such as allotments, facilities and play equipment.
- Advising and prodiving recommendations related to planning in the local area.
- Keeping an eye and maintaining Martock Parish Council facilities; including Recreation Ground, the Pavilion, Parish Hall, Market House, the Churchyard, any drainage, footpaths, street cleaning, and more.
The Martock Parish Council also supports local initiatives and projects to improve the quality of life in Martock.
In addition to the above, the Martock Parish Council is a local authority that’s responsible for setting annual council tax levels (precept, local rate) for the area. The precept is set so that it covers Martock Parish Council’s operating costs producing annual accounts for public inspection.
The Market House, Church Street, Martock, TA12 6JL