The Parrett Works is a series of industrial buildings next to the River Parrett on the road to South Petherton.
The site was originally named Carey’s Mill and the adjoining bridge is called Carey’s Mill Bridge which was built of hamstone in the 18th century and provides a beautiful view of the river.
An Iron Works was founded here in 1855, on the site of a former snuff mill. It included a foundry, with a prominent chimney, a ropewalk, workshops and several smaller workshops and cottages. The sluice, which powered the waterwheel, and sluice keeper’s cottage still exist.
Castle Reclamation, a large architectural salvage and furniture business, is adjacent to the Parrett Works
Martock, TA12 6AE
- Monday8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday10:00 am - 1:00 pm